objectives of the centre
1. To increase student enrollment and graduation (especially regional and female students) in the Masters and PhD programs in genomics of NCDs and professional programs in personalized healthcare.
2. To improve the quality of postgraduate programs and professional training in genomics of NCDs and personalized healthcare through student-centered, problem-based, integrated curriculum and application of a blended educational methodologies.
3. To promote trans-and multi disciplinary research and build strong teams of researchers towards maximizing the impact of resulting discoveries and improve transitional research impacts.
4. To promote diversity and gender equity among staff, trainees and research subjects in the research process and implementation of scientific findings.
5. To engage the community and general public about the implications of genomic discoveries and benefits of personalized healthcare services in improving health and informed health-decision-making
6. To provide a platform for industrial-institutional partnership for innovation, discovery and patenting of multidisciplinary research output and consultancy services for all stallholders in the health industry and government agencies.
7. To develop and implement multidisciplinary translational basic, molecular, clinical, epidemiological and behavioral that accelerate application of novel biomarkers and genomic discoveries in disease risk stratification and prediction, early disease diagnosis, treatment, prevention and prognosticators of communicable diseases (NCDs); and support personalized healthcare for NCDs.
I am overwhelmed in showing my profound appreciation to the faculties/teams for the Centre for Genomics for imparting highly educative hand on Molecular diagnosis to us…
Bolaji Mashood (University of Ilorin, Nigeria)
I am pleased to inform you and members of your team that those of us from Benin arrived safely back home. Also to thank you for organizing such a fully packed and highly subsidized workshop.